23.1.15

Workin' It Old School


Vintage clothes are always something that I've found a fascination with. The idea of wearing articles of clothing with stories is hard for me to grasp. Wearing clothes that are older than you, that carry memories, is a feeling like no other. Shopping for vintage clothes is just as fun as styling them, considering you get the opportunity to take a blast through the past and relive trends long before your time. 

This past weekend I went to a few vintage shops downtown, and spent an immense amount of time in each one. I came across drop dead gorgeous pieces that sadly were not in my size, (A pair of vintage Vivian Westwood boots I almost bought just to look at) and other items that were my perfect match. 

   

After getting inspired from these shops I decided to explore my moms old clothes to see what vintage pieces I could find. I uncovered some awesome clothes that I love wearing and telling people where they're from. 

The first piece I found was this big star jean jacket that is cut like a typical 90s jacket. I love this jacket because while I own other denim jackets, this one has a different feel that I am all for. 




The next find that I was so excited about were a few adorable vintage tennis skirts.The plaid pattern totally adds to the already very much 80s feel of the look. I love the school girl look that it gives with the silhouette and pleats. 



Something that is necessary to this look is the accessories! Playing around with colorful 80s jewelry and other accessories is extremely fun. I found these crazy bold earrings at a vintage shop and am in love with them. Considering I usually don't wear earrings, these were a big change, but besides the slight pain they were such a great addition to the look. 

This blue velvet scrunchy from American Apparel and my Nike high tops are much simpler than the earrings, but are still essential 80s pieces in the look.